Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Sowrya (FDR)     29 November 2010

Ask for Marriage Video through RTI ???

Dear Forum,

I am victim of false 498a CRIMINAL CASE filed by my wife with instigation of my in-laws .

They claimed 2 laksh dowry and 3 Laksh marriage expense dowry in the Charge Sheet,

Later they(their lawyer) managed and got exparte divorce, now they are claiming 12 lakhs as settlement.

I did not see the video of my marriage right from day 1 of my marriage till now, my in-laws didn’t even bother to come to my house after my marriage and don’t have any courtesy to give a copy of the same.

Q: To defend my self about dowry giving, can I ask the video of my marriage to the Police S tation(my case - with) through RTI.

You answers appreciated

Rgds

Ram Sowrya

Learning

4 Replies

Sunil Kumar Sabat (Sr Manager (Legal))     29 November 2010

If the marraige vedeo are in costody of the Police or even may be before the court, you can apply for it through Court or even through RTI and if these are in private costody, then you cannot.

Sunil Sabat

Legal Professional

Ram Sowrya (FDR)     29 November 2010

Thks 4 ur reply

Hello LCI

I did not get summons for 498a case.

Q:

The Police wont have a Video copy?, before filing FIR to procedd further, as a process of investigation.

answers asap

Rgds

Ram Sowrya

Viswanath (Student)     30 November 2010

A RTI Application can only be filed against a public authority. If the videos are in the custody of the police, then a RTI application can be filed.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2014

you ar well advised as per given facts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register