I live separately.

My brother's wife filed 498a.

Named me also.

I didn't even attended the marraige.

As an Individual What can I do?

Learning

9 Replies

Vibha   20 August 2016

Are there any specific allegations against you in FIR? Is your name in list of accused? Or is your name only mentioned?

(Guest)
Mr autohide its not threta yuga.why should 98/ cases r acquital.so please dont comment like that

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     20 August 2016

If your name exists in the actual FIR, you need to get the FIR against you quashed from the High Court of your State, however if your name only mentioned in the complaint filed by your sister in law, in that case, meet the Investigating Officer of the complaint and see that no FIR get registered against you and you are discharged by the Police itsef. In such case your proof of not attending marriage nor living with the couple during all this period will be required to show and get yourself discharged from the complaint.

1 Like

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     20 August 2016

Are there any specific allegations against you in FIR? Is your name in list of accused? Or is your name only mentioned?

Wilson Mathew   20 August 2016

Merely your name being reflected in the FIR is not sufficient. There has to be material and convincing allegations against you. You can seek quashing of the FIR in case there is no allegations against you and finding against you in the chargesheet filed by the police.

A walk alone (-)     20 August 2016

You can try for quashing of your name from case through High court.

devasish   20 August 2016

My name is only mentioned along with my brother and parents. No specific complaint against me.

devasish   21 August 2016

Originally posted by : Vibha

My name is only mentioned along with my brother and parents. No specific complaint against me.

Vibha   21 August 2016

You have nothing to worry about or do at this stage. In absence of specific allegations, your name will be dropped from further proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register