Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj   07 December 2016

Arrest on stay for 498a in ghaziabad up

Hello Sir,

my wife complained against me and my family in Mahila Thana for 498A at Ghaziabad.

kindly let me know :

Bail procedure?

How much time we can get once FIR is done in Mahila thana or concerned Police station to abtain Bail/Stay on Arrest?

How will I come to know that FIR is logged ?

How will I get FIR COPY OR FIR Number to apply for stay on Arrest?

Please adavise

Learning

6 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     07 December 2016

Soon after FIR is lodged accsed is entitled to one FIR copy. Any moment after lodging of FIR accused may b arested depedingon the gravity of offence.Accused must apply for bail application with a bond of30000 rupees and two surities of Rs.30000 each. to get anticipatpry bail or bail.FIR Number willbe there on the FIR copy.If you appreciate this answer would you give me my profile likes  in exchangefor a free legal advice.?

kumar B Kumar (service)     07 December 2016

Bro i am also from Ghaziabad, donot worry about that . I am also facing 498a. So dont pannic. U can call me @ 9958002438 for detail.

Trapti   07 December 2016

Dear Bro Kumar B Kumar..don't give him this advice..Better Mr.neeraj u should consult a good lawyer..498a is serious matter you should take advice from a experienced lawyer. Rest is up to you.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 December 2016

Accused can get FIR copy from the police. No arrest immediately. Please follow Supreme court guide lines in the following.

Expressing concern over misuse of anti-dowry law by “disgruntled” wives against her husband and in-laws, the Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled that police cannot arrest accused in such cases “automatically” and it must give reasons for taking such steps which would be judicially examined. 

Sachin (N.A)     07 December 2016

In UP, there is no provision for anticipatory bail, but you can approach HC with 226 petition to seek protection in event of arrest.

Sachin (N.A)     07 December 2016

You have to file petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India seeking pre-arrest bail. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register