Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TARUN DUBEY (Accountant)     01 June 2012

Army

Sir,

My Fater was working in Army. But when Grand Mother was facing problem of cancer he came on leave but she could not cure she left us alone. due this my father was late in joining he had inform to their seniors, but some how the massege not reached to them. But when went to join they annouced court marshal on him.

But now i want my Fathers pride back, that he was not careless & irresponseble. can you help me and the me what to do now.

thanks

Tarun Dubey

Learning

4 Replies

Ujwal Dabir (Aviation Consultant)     02 June 2012

You have not mentioned the rank of your father. An officer's case of this type is treated more seriously than that of a person below officer rank. 

There are several opportunities given in such a case before a court marshal is ordered. In the stage before a court  martial, which is a summary of evidence the accused is given an opportunity to present any evidence that may prove that he had to stay back because of a medical emergency pertaining to a close family member and that he did send a request for extension of leave, if any. If no extension was possible as full entitlement of leave had already been availed, the Army authorities have to proceed with the case and after a minor administrative action or condonign the deemed offence, they would regularise the period of absence without leave as Extra Ordinay Leave without pay.

There are several such cases each year below officer rank and the action taken is such cases is quite minor, As such your father should not think that his pride will be affected or that anyone will doubt his sincerity.

TARUN DUBEY (Accountant)     02 June 2012

Sir,

As you have said that i have not mentioned the rank of my father, he posted at Nasik Atlari Center as Hawaldar Clerk . And He Was court Marshaled befor 30 Year But he never talk about the case. Is it possibel to file the case now.

thanks

Tarun Dubey

Ujwal Dabir (Aviation Consultant)     03 June 2012

Sorry

Nothing could be done now, after thirty years.

It appears that your father was not given any major punishment as he is still serving and has been promoted to havildar.

If your father does not wish to talk about it, do not press him as you will only cause him discomfort.

TARUN DUBEY (Accountant)     04 June 2012

Sir,

As you said nothing can be why is it so, my father is not working for Army any more and for just coming late to rejoin the duty i don't think it was so big reason while he have informed to department i have the proof of it.

thanks

Tarun Dubey

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register