LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swapnil acharya (Architect)     27 August 2018

Architect letter for loan from bank

Hi , can anyone provide me sound advice regarding this ? I am currently working doing a project and it is under construction , the client wants a letter of the cost of construction of the entire project which is a higher amount than the cost of construction ? What are the precautions that i need to check regarding this is it wise to provide such a letter . I sense there is some kind of illegality in this. KIndly guide me regarding this if such a letter should be given at all.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 August 2018

Not connected to litigation and more on principals and values, connected to Public money of Banks.

It is always left to you and what ever is your estimate, Bankers have their own estimate and always  double check it as they are aware of such tactics of borrowers.

However there are instances and bankers themselves collude and  suggest such unhealthy trends.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 August 2018

You are, admittedly, a professional and is expected to act professionally. There are no legal elements involved, but only your value system.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 August 2018

As a qualified Architect, you are legally bound to give certificate reflecting truth and nothing but truth.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register