Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayaprakash   17 February 2016

Arbitration award

Dear senior members,

One of my friend received an EP petition filed  against him for an coporate law firm for his old credit card aribitration award 2013. The indian bank operation is closed. the amount is very high from the bankers side, what are all the remedies available againt the arbitration award. presently the case in the counter stage for the past 10 months please guide me and give the details.

thanking,

jayaprakash

Learning

5 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     17 February 2016

If an award has been passed by the arbitrator , the same shall have to be challenged u/s 34 of the arbitration and conciliation act before the concerned court .

jayaprakash   18 February 2016

Thanks sir, for your reply. the arbirtation awarded on 2013 and the banker fileing the case on 2015 only in the city civil court. for the past ten months the case is going on, still can we file U/34. please suggest me.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     18 February 2016

Now the limitation period to challenge the Award u/s 34 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act has been expired,you had to challenged  the Award within [90 + 30 ] 120 days from the date of receipt the certified copy of award.

Saurendra Rautray (advocate)     23 February 2016

Hi,
Did you say the execution petition has been filed before the City Civil Court thats a big question there.Could i know what is the amount in question and some other facts would also help in your case.
If proper facts are before us, may be one can challange the award but purely on law point/ procedural lapse.
Saurendra Rautray
Rautray& Co
www.rautray.com

jayaprakash   23 February 2016

Dear seniors,

thanks for the reply. It is in city civil court the amount is 3 lakhs and my friend needs to pay only 1 lakh. i hope we can file challenge the award with proper reasoning not received any award still now in his hand.

thanks,

r.jayaprakash

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register