Arbitration Act 196

Award was passed against the tenant whose land was acquired for NH and prayer for enhancement was rejected against which tenant filed case u/s 34 for modification of award but court is not ready to modify saying that u/s 34 it has got power only to set aside the award not to modify it. What is the remedy

Court has vide powers to set aside,modify and remand the Award to Arbitrator for fresh decision .

You can also file appeal u/ s 37 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act against the order passed in petition u/ s 34 of Act.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu