Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     22 November 2014

Apprehension of fir being replaced in court during trial

Apprehension of FIR being replaced in Court during trial

In a criminal Trial of Forgery during the defense witness, while the evidence of complainant was on it surfaced that the original FIR which was the basis of the charge sheet, was missing in the Court File. The Court recorded this fact and adjourned the matter and at the next hearing the FIR was there in the file and the evidence continued.

However the accused noted that in the list of documents which the Police attached with the Charge sheet the date of the FIR was mentioned as 01.11.1994 whereas the FIR that has now been made a part of the record is dated 02.11.1994.

The accused contended this before the trial court (orally) and brought the anomaly to the notice of the Court and objected to taking this FIR on record as it is not the FIR on the basis of which the charge sheet was filed. However the court gave no orders on this and did not make this objection also a part of court record.

The accused feels that there is some mischief and the FIR has been replaced by another FIR (dated 02.11.1994) which is not the same as the original FIR (dated 01.11.1994). In those times there were o computerized working and there is a possibility of the apprehension of the accused being true.

In these circumstances what should the accused do?

Should he file a written objection in this regard?

Learning

6 Replies

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     22 November 2014

Do you have the copy of charge sheet...FIR is also available there.... if not then file the RTI with above mention details.

Shahnawaz (law student)     23 November 2014

RTI has been recently introduced what remedy does  law have here-before , as i have likewise problem . my boss has some personnel rift with me  . when i asked for earned leave , he stated "LEAVE CANNOT BE TAKEN AS A MATTER OF RIGHT " UNDER SERVICE RULES . upon which i said on medical grounds the clause is not applicable " upon which He threatened and warned me that "HE WILL KILL ME AND MY FAMILY " i went to police station for safety i filed the application for recording FIR but they remained biased till date because my boss having close aqiuitance with the Minster of state ,, give me the remedy 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2014

@ Shahnawaz.

You already have multiple threads.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2014

use RTI.  Get copy of both the FIR alongwith case diary of each.

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     25 November 2014

Sudhirji

The Police does not give copy of Case Diaries in RTI

Secondly since the trial is on teh accused does not have so much time to wait for teh reply of RTO etc

And Joshiji the copy of the FIR dated 02.11.94  is there 

However the accused noted that in the list of documents which the Police attached with the Charge sheet the date of the FIR was mentioned as 01.11.1994 whereas the FIR that has now been made a part of the record is dated 02.11.1994.

My question is what remedy can theh accused pray for in the trial which is on

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 November 2014

what reason is quoted for not giving case diary? which provision of RTI Act?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register