LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil Samant   29 September 2015

Appointment of lawyer in my palce as i am out of station

Sir, My wife has filed Petition for Restitution of Conjugal Rights U/s 9 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 by providing false statements against me in the Petition in local district Court.

I just want to know whether I can appoint lawyer in my palce as I am out of station on 1st date ?

If yes what is the procedure ?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

ONE CAN ALWAYS HIRE A LAWYER. Your wife filing case for restitution of conjugal rights is strange , if you are on offcial visit out of station. Please tell every thing frankly and completely to your advocate when you hire one.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 September 2015

Not just hiring an advocate but U have to give vakalat to him.

(Guest)

You cna give power of attorney to some friend who can be present on your behalf. Or even a relative can go and take next date. For thatyou dont need lawyer. Once you hire a lawyerplease discuss case properly with him and cooperate. You must watch out for filtering out  a good and sicnere lawyer for you who is not  senior as it is simple case as suggested by anotherreader above.

But we are still not convinced thatyour wife has filed conjugal right  suit. Normally this is done against the female spouse.Thereappearsto be sometjhing msyterious in your conduct

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 September 2015

Rightly adviced by Dr Gupta.Mr Gyan Prakash that's not the way to suggest about a lawyer,asa non legal person U can give suitable suggestions but UR attitude towards lawyer community is objectionable.This is not the first time U have done so.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register