Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Hajra (Director)     29 June 2013

Appointment letter refusal

Dear Members,

What actions can management take if employees refuse to accept appointment letters? Appointment letters are being provided now for all the employees new and old.

Regards,

Sourav

Learning

9 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     29 June 2013

if there is any disturbance inthe appointment letter then you can give in writing about it and why you are not accepting it to be a valid proof for your future problem

normallly new employee will be given appointment letter and why old employee are given is not clear inthis query 

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     29 June 2013

Management can't take any action against the employees.

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     29 June 2013

Ld mahesh is right, your query is not clear so please clarify.

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     29 June 2013

Dear Mr. Sourav,

Refusal of appointment letters by new employees is o.k.  but for old employees means you are going to change the Firm name?  If it is so, you have to follow some procedures.

Sourav Hajra (Director)     29 June 2013

Dear Members,

Initially, appointment letters were not issued by the company. Now I am in charge of setting up the system and make sure that the company follows all the statutory obligations. This is the reason why old employees were not issued appointment letters. 

The problem now is, certain set of employees are not ready to accept appointment letters becauseof the 'transfer clause' present in it. As the part of the management team what are my powers against such employees?

Regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2013

"The problem now is, certain set of employees are not ready to accept appointment letters becauseof the 'transfer clause' present in it. As the part of the management team what are my powers against such employees? "

None.

You have the option to negotiate.

Sourav Hajra (Director)     30 June 2013

Thank you Mr Kumar. If any member has had a similar experience, please share the details of what was done.

Regards,

Sourav

VISHNU PROMOD SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     30 June 2013

I endorse the views of Kumar Doab. You should negotiate with old employees to settle the issue.

Sourav Hajra (Director)     03 July 2013

Thank you everyone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register