Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DGM Saroja   14 August 2015

Application without proper channel

Hi,

I would be most grateful if i can be enlightened on the following query/ situation:

I work in a central govt institute and have submitted an online application for UPSC wherein application through proper channel was not mentioned. Hence I completed the application process online. On getting selected for the interview, one of the prerequisites asked by UPSC is service certificate through proper channel. Therefore i have requested my present institute to issue me the service certificate in order that i can attend the interview. But the institute delayed it inordinately that even my interview date with UPSC has approached. I was desperate and attended the UPSC interview without service certificate and asked them for 15 days time before which i will submit the service certificate hoping that my institute would provide me the same in within this time. To my dismay my office administration issued a office memo to me saying that 1) Application has been submitted to UPSC not through proper channel and 2) Attended the interview without permissio. Further they wanted an explanation on this subject.

I replied to them saying that since the UPSC submission while aplying online has not asked "through proper channel" i have not sought for the same from office, while for the interview they have asked for the service certificate, I requested the office. Also I have apolozised them if i have violated the institute's protocols unknowingly.

The institute issued another memo saying that the explanation is not acceptable and asking me give explanation again.

Please help me out in this matter 1) as to how to go about with this issue, 2) what extent of action can be taken on me by my present employer, 3) whether they can issue memo over and over again even after i apolozised them.

I have earlier instances wherein i have applied through proper channel since it was a prerequisite for the submission of those applications. But this one (UPSC) as explained above have never mentioned anything about "through proper channel" while submission.

Thanks and regards

Saroja

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2015

As employee you have to follow the service rules applicable to your position even if an outside agency like UPSC ahd advertised 'through Proper Channe' or not!

Download service rules based on violation of which explanation is called for, Conduct and Discipline Rules and approach an able counsel well versed with such rules, Domnestic enquiry, Show Cause Notice and Disciplinary Action etc and let your counsel draft your representations....................and avoid misconduct.........

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2015

given facts do not in any way indicate misconduct. 

1 Like

DGM Saroja   17 August 2015

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

Dear Sir

Thank you.

May I know to what extent this issue can put me at loss. I mean, whether the institute's can 1) stop issuing the service certificate for this particular post, or  2) put in code of conduct, or  3) stop permanently my prospects of jobs in other institutes etc., 4) remove my service. Based on the intensity I would like to challenge them back.

Sincerely

Saroja

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2015

Originally posted by : DGM Saroja

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

Dear Sir

Thank you.

May I know to what extent this issue can put me at loss. I mean, whether the institute's can 1) stop issuing the service certificate for this particular post, or  2) put in code of conduct, or  3) stop permanently my prospects of jobs in other institutes etc., 4) remove my service. Based on the intensity I would like to challenge them back.

Sincerely

Saroja

you have so far not stated any problem.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register