LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumanta Podder   26 May 2017

Appeal under Payment of Gratuity Act

I have a query : Can an employee who is aggrieved with the amount of gratuity in the notice of the Controlling Authority (as directed by the Controlling to the Company to be payable to the employee) prefer an appeal to the Appellate Authority under Payment of Gratuity Act? If yes, shall he have to deposit his gratuity amount to the DLC before prefering the appeal? Thanks in advance to all.

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 May 2017

GO thru:

Payment of Gratuity Act,1972: S.7(4,7)

Attached File : 60926 20170526210245 931398335 thepaymentofgratuityact1972.pdf downloaded: 136 times

Thanks again. I have got my first answer. But for the second part, i.e whether the said employee shall get the amount and then have to prefer appeal and for this he shall have to deposit the amount (before appealing), the Bare Act does not help.

Thanks again. I have got my first answer. But for the second part, i.e whether the said employee shall get the amount and then have to prefer appeal and for this he shall have to deposit the amount (before appealing), the Bare Act does not help.

You are on which side; employer, employee?

Sorry for that the previous message appeared for three times. I am on the employee side

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     27 May 2017

Aggrieved by your immediate em-loyers ypou are deprived of full gratuity you prefer appeal to DLC after depositing full gratuity amount before appellate  authority(DLC) so that your yopur employers liability    in  resperct of gratuity to you is fixed as per payment of gratuity Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register