Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (software engineer)     15 July 2013

Appeal to lt gov delhi

Hi,

My arms license application has been rejected by Delhi police licensing dept. They have not specified any reasons for the rejection. I have sent an RTI application to delhi police licensing dept asking the reasons for rejection, but haven't got any reply yet.

I want to appeal to the Lt Gov. of Delhi against the decision of rejecting my arms licensing application.

1. Please let me know the procedure for filing the appeal in Lt. Governor of Delhi's court.

2. Can I appeal to the Lt. Gov without having a written document mentioning the reason for rejection of my application.

3. The apppeal has to be filed with-in one month of rejection of application. My application was rejected on 19th June and I have to file an appeal with-in one month ie. I have till 19th July to file the appeal. What if I dont get a reply to my RTI application before that?

Waiting eagerly for your reply.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 July 2013

When the Director denies, suspends or revokes a 
licence the licence applicant or operator will receive 
written notification of the reasons, what they have to 
do to remedy the situation and a time frame 
) The child care program must not operate when a 
licence has been suspended or revoked It must 
close immediately and remain closed until the 
licence is reinstated 
) The licence applicant or operator must make the 
changes that the Director identifies, within the time 
frame given 
) The licence applicant or operator can then apply to 
the Director to issue a licence or to have the licence 
reinstated 
) If the Director is satisfied that the licence applicant 
or operator has made the required changes, the 
Director will issue or reinstate the licence and the 
program can operate 
) If the Director is not satisfied that the licence 
applicant or operator has made the required 
changes, the Director will not issue a licence or will 
revoke (cancel) the licence and the program must 
remain closed 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     15 August 2013

You have to file appeal to Lt.Gov. of Delhi against the rejection of licence by Delhi police licencing dept irrespective of the RTI application.  You can state in the appeal that an RTI application has been filed requesting information of grounds of rejection of licence and the same is being in process and as soon as I receive the same, I will produce into this appellate authority. Otherwise, you appeal time will be lapsed and you have to follow a long procedure to restore the same to normal position. 

Gulshan Saini (delhi)     26 March 2015

Sir,

This is Gulshan Saini. I am a business man. Sir i want to appeal under section 18 of Arms Act, 1959 that my arms license application has been rejected by Delhi police licensing department. They said that i do not have any good reason for grant of an arms license and they also said that i do not have any specific threat but sir being a business man everyday i have to travel a long distance of 40 km(s) from Narela to Delhi (Sadar Bazar). I also carry some important things such as cash and other things due to which i always feel a threat of unsafety and that is the main reason i want arms. So i request you to look over my application no. 173014ACOD, dated 21/11/2014 which was rejected on 18/3/2015 and make a favor to me by proceeding my application for arms license. Sir this is my humble request to you to please help me in providing arms license. I will be greatly thankful to you.

Waiting for the positive and earliest reply.

Thank You

Gulshan Saini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register