Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     19 December 2014

Appeal in high court

Dear Experts,

Regarding an APPEAL in HIGH COURT from a Judgement/Decree on Divorce passed by FAMILY COURT. Please clarify me,

!. Whether the appeal has to be made Under Family Court Act and if so under which section?

2, Whether the appeal has to made under Hindu Marriage Act and if so under which section?

3. Which one of the above is correct  and whether the Limitations (Appeal time) for both are different ?

Shall be grateful for your clarification as this seems to be confusing

Regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     19 December 2014

S. 19 of the Family Court Act holds under which appeal is to be made (can not be made against interlocutory orders )

See :

Manish Aggarwal vs Seema Aggarwal & Ors on 13 September, 2012

for a good elaboration on this.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     22 December 2014

Dear Hardeep,

Thanks for your Reply. Some of the  complicated queries are not answered by the the experts and tend to avoid. However some of the experts leave no stone unturned to help and I have full respect to them. Some only humiliates and make fun out of your problems.

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register