LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uday   02 April 2017

Apartment maintenance funds misuse

Dear members, Can you please help me with the options I have in my strange situation? Situation: I bought a flat in Bangalore in 2009 from a small time builder. Site owner and builder had an agreement to share the land and construction costs. Out of which builder sold his part of flats - 6 flats. Rest of 14 flats are held by the site owner. Since we occupied the flats, site owner didn't cooperate with us neither to form a society nor maintain the apartment. Eventually site owner started threatening us to sell our flats to him lower than the market price (using one of the local ministers name threatening us). We (6 flat owners) handle part of the apartment maintenance and site owner handles rest. Current situation - we (6 flat owners) had an internal rift coz there was no transparency in funds maintenance. One member handed over the maintenance to the site owner as a whole. Knowing the site owner being greedy for money, he would collect the funds and pocket it. Request for advice- what options do I have in this situation so that, maintenance fee we pay is properly used for apartment maintenance. As we heavily invested on the flat, we don't want to sell the flat and go else where. Appreciate your time and kindly advice Thanks, Uday

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Have you approached a advocate locally?

Uday   02 April 2017

We tried to file a police complaint, but the site owner managed with police not to.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register