Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   02 May 2019

Apartment association not approving airtel/reliance isp

Hi Members,

I have recently purchased a flat in Electronic City, Bangalore. Entire property has around 200 flats. Last week, in order to form an association for building, there was a meeting / election following which members for the association were selected. However, association is not yet registered. So, the maintenance is still being paid to the builder.

In this location, we do not have Airtel and / or Reliance for broadband services yet. We do have some local providers but their service are not good and unprofessional. Finally, Airtel and Reliance are agreeing to provide support in our area / flat. However, they are requesting for NOC from builder and / or association as they would be installing their products / cables within the building premises.

Builder is asking us to contact association for NOC; but, since the association is not yet registered, association members are sending us to the builder. Builder is not even replying to emails on this subject. Finally, builder has orally communicated to me that builder will not provide any such NOC to ISP providers. Either association members or residents can sign for requesting for the connection – that would be it. Again association members are making excuse of security concerns of the ISP works etc. But I am already paying a huge sum of money towards maintenance which includes security checking etc. Also, this is a new building and reliance / airtel have not provided services in the past to any of the flats in this building.

We are confused.

Is NOC for internet connection really required?

IF yes, but, what if builder and association members are not cooperating to sign for connection?

Internet connection from a reliable source is required for me as I work from home. What legal options do I have in this scenario? Can I submit a letter to ISP and request for the connection?

Please guide.

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     02 May 2019

you have stated clearly that members were selected for the association. Request them to get the association regd and submit your representation for NOC for internet connection. If the bylaws of the association is silent on the point of internet connection you can go ahed with your own connection.

Raj   04 May 2019

Thank you, Sir. Registration of the association will happen by end of June, and that is too much of time to wait for the connection. My work depends on reliable ISP. AIRTEL said, if no one is doing anything about noc request, even Resident owners can just send an email requesting for connection and that will give them security clearance to do their job. But is there any law as such where everything must be approved by association or builder? I have paid 50L and own the flat - what are my rights as individual?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register