LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amaresh Patel (POSTMASTER)     21 June 2014

Apar numerical grading

I am a Postmaster-Gr-I  working for Department of Posts since 16.08.11. I have been charge sheeted for the suspension period 01.02.13 to 22.02.13 for misconduct by my disciplinary authority which has not yet been proved/finalised. I was revoked on 22.02.13 and again working in the same post.  For kind information my disciplinary authority is Sr. Superintendent of Post Offices and appointing authority is Director of Postal Services. Now my disciplinary authority has given me the numerical grading 3.20 only which is below average for the period 09/13 to 03/14 which may effect in my promotion and he has cited in the pen picture of the official as below

"Sincere and hard working official. Charge sheet under Rule-14 issued on  the ground of disobedient to the orders of the disciplinary authority"

So it is requested to clarify me 

1. If the numerical grading OK

2. Whom to represent against the same

3. Within how many days

4. how the representation should be ?

Thank U

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2014

meet some service matter expert with whole copy of APAR.  You are bound to represent within  15 days of the recording in APAR.

Amaresh Patel (POSTMASTER)     13 September 2014

Sir,

I represented against the numerical grading in APAR on 26.06.14 to my apellate authority through proper channel but I have not yet received any response. Can U kindly advise me what should be the next step.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 September 2014

wait for some time.

Amaresh Patel (POSTMASTER)     20 October 2014

Sir,

Can U kindly tell me how long I have to wait for further necessary action ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2014

meet nearest availabel service lawyer on the feasibility of moving to court.

(Guest)

You cannot say rating of 3.2, as below average, rather that can be below benchmark grading for the purpose of promotion.

However, representation against below benchmark grading does not lie with the appellate authority under CCS (CCA) Rules. Representation against below benchmark grading of APAR has to be made to the authority superior in rank of the Accepting Authority of the APAR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register