Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A Prabhakar (Software Developer)     20 October 2017

Any advice regarding tackling this (attached)

Greetings

To claim 20 lakh in divorce, some statements are being made in court including the ones that are displayed in the attachment. It would be really helpful if anyone can advise how I can use/mis-use this for my protection from the opposition.

Basic Facts

1. Maintenance 125 case
  2. Claimed expenses of marriage 20 lakhs
  3. Income of household 25000 approx
  4. No land, no vehicles, nothing
  5. Actual Marriage expense 1,00,000 +- 25,000 INR
  6. On Sworn Affidavit, and while cross, wife's father has admitted not having resources, not filing income tax returns to the tune of 20 lakh, gross mismatch in between claims and actual figures.
  7. (Edited & Added) TEP filed one and half year ago, reply recd that investigation going on, filed multiple RTIs requesting information, but nothing has happened.

How do I use/misuse the info at hand for my protection.

Learning

2 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     20 October 2017

Originally posted by : A Prabhakar
Greetings

To claim 20 lakh in divorce, some statements are being made in court including the ones that are displayed in the attachment. It would be really helpful if anyone can advise how I can use/mis-use this for my protection from the opposition.

Basic Facts

Maintenance 125 case
Claimed expenses of marriage 20 lakhs
Income of household 25000 approx
No land, no vehicles, nothing
Actual Marriage expense 1,00,000 +- 25,000 INR
On Sworn Affidavit, and while cross, wife's father has admitted not having resources, not filing income tax returns to the tune of 20 lakh, gross mismatch in between claims and actual figures.

How do I use/misuse the info at hand for my protection.

You can file TEP ( Tax evasion petiton ) against your father in law.

A Prabhakar (Software Developer)     20 October 2017

Sachin ji, 

TEP has failed as I filed that more than one and a half year ago, I filed RTI and received the response that investigation was underway.

Its been more than one year since that RTI, and in the meanwhile, I have filed many successive RTIs asking for an update and have not received any proper reply. 

I should have included this in the original post above, apologies. Have added this now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register