Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuraagboruah   30 December 2014

Anomaly in recruitment

Dear Sir,

I am working in ONGC  as Technical Assistant Grade-III Geophysics (Surface) (A2 Level) since 2008. Asking Qualification for the post is Postgraduate Degree in Physics or Geophysics. Pay Scale is 12000- 27000. Promotion for Class-III employees in ONGC is after every 6 years irrespective of qualification. Let me elaborate-

A2 level 12000-27000

A3 level 13500-31000

A4 level 15000-35000 

E0 level (Officer Cateory) 20600-46500

It takes 18 years to reach E0 level from A2 level.

But my point- There is a Memorandum of Understanding between Management of ONGC and Recognised Unions, signed in 19 August 2004 approved by the Executive Committee of ONGC. According to that MOU Postgraduates of Physics, Geophysics, Chemistry, LLb and Engineering Graduates are to inducted at A4 level.

We were not aware about the MOU during our joining. But after collecting and reading the MOU, when we approached the Management they are denying to implement it to us. They said that you agreed to the terms and conditions to the post of A2 level. We are very demoralised sir. It is a huge degradation. 

So please guide me what can we do. Can we go for legal assistance? will it be fruitful?

Regards

Anuraag 

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 January 2015

when the MOU is approved by EC then it is part of service conditions prevelant.  you can seek enforecement through court.

anuraagboruah   03 January 2015

Respected Kumar Sir,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am attaching the MOU-2004 for your convenience.

Regards

Anuraag Boruah

Attached File : 940692242 mou aug-2004.pdf downloaded: 116 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 January 2015

The language is " Will Be Recruited"..............................hence management is at fault.....

Usually there are GRC,IC,Works Committee .........................and there might be a Director on Board from worker's side.......They are duty bound to respond to you.

Represent to them in writing under proper acknowledgement and seek time bound response in writing.

If you are unable to handle on your own seek advice of Labor Law Consultant/Service matters lawyer..... 

Jitendra   16 April 2017

Respected Sir, What is the validity of MOU. Can a MOU prevail R&P Policy. Is it necessary that MOU should be registered with Labour Commissioner ? Regards, Jitendra H Patil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register