LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zehara (not working)     23 August 2014

Annexure k

Me and my husband have been separated for 5 yrs and he had given me three talaaqs in written format.We both are muslims and he had my passport with him till expiry and returned it to me after expiry.I have filed a dissolution of marriage case against him.However,the passport authority are asking for a divorce decree or  marriage certificate acknowledged by a Magistrate.I asked my lawyer about annexure k stated in the website and he said annexure K is not practically tat easy to be issued so what should I do? as divorces take time and my new job requires a lot of travelling.My marriage certificate is registered with mosque and mosque already gave NOC for the Talaaq and hence Im just confused about what to do?The qazi had received the NOC of the mosque and told me to get a letter where both have signed and mutually accepted the divorce for which he said he cant.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 August 2014

Annexure K prepare on a prescribed stamp paper and get it sign with Notary and submit with passport officer. That is enough.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 August 2014

Get an affidavit drafted as per the format in annexure K on a prescribed amount of  non-judicial stamp paper, get it attested from a Judicial magistrate FC or and Executive magistrate and submit it along with the passport application, this will suffice the requirement.

Amish Sheth (Manager - Recruitment)     29 May 2015

I know it's an old thread but can somebody please reply as one of my friends is also facing the similar issue at the Passport Office of Nashik and Thane. They are not accepting the Notary Stamped Affidavit of Annexure K and have asked to get the Affidavite of Annexure K stamped by Executive Magistrate. Please help on the process to gain the Executive Magistrate's Stamp on the Annexure K in Navi Mumbai / Thane. If somebody can help me with the process to gain the Executive Magistrate's sign and stamp on the Annexure K, it would be very helpful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register