LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     19 March 2012

Anna has cleared his target

Law and Justice Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said the government had learnt its lessons after Anna Hazare’s protest last year but wondered if the anti-corruption movement too had done the same.

“We have learnt and learnt a lot of lessons… (but) has the anti-corruption movement,” asked Khurshid at the India Today conclave here on “Is Citizen Activism the Only Way to Cleanse India”.

Stating the need for differentiating between the various civil society groups, the minister said the country required a set of rules for the same.

Stating the need for differentiating between the various civil society groups, the minister said the country required a set of rules for the same.

“We need rules for disagreement, which is part of democracy, and for conflict resolution,” said Khurshid.

Earlier, saluting Hazare’s campaign, Communist Party of India-Marxist politburo member Brinda Karat said she disagreed with his view that politicians had no place in taking the country forward.

She also took a dig at the government for its handling of the anti-corruption movement and said there had to be more clarity whether people could take to the streets if they wanted to participate in law enactment.

Activist Binayak Sen said the country’s resources were being hijacked by the corporate elite and democracy meant governance with the consent of the common man.

Maleeha Lodhi, former high commissioner of Pakistan to Britain and former ambassador of Pakistan to the US, said the present times were challenging for her country which was witnessing a transition from military rule to democracy.

“There is re-balancing of power in Pakistan as democracy gathers pace,” she said, adding that “this is recasting the way people relate with the government”.

Learning

1 Replies

Rahul Patil (Technician)     28 May 2012

Respected Sir,

I have required some of proper information from you; said information is related with our Fast and Movement.

1)     I have listen that, A Government Servant is not authorizedto participate in Fast and Movement, and if any Government Servant participatedin Fast and Movement than this parson will suspend or remove from his service.Let me know, Legal details on this point with proper legal reference.

2)     I have listen that, If Government Servant arrestedby self for as like our “Jel Bhoro Andolan”, than this parson will remove from Governmentservice and not applicable to joined any other Government Organization.  Let me know, Legal details on this point with properlegal reference.

3)     What will happen in the case of student arrestedby self for as like our “Jel Bhoro Andolan”, Can than after such student willnot pass in Police Verification Repot (PVR) thereby such student are notapplicable to joint any Government Job in their future.

I have to understand all legal information of maximum punishmentfor  Government Servant if participated likeour movement particularly like “Jel Bhoro Andolan”  or Fast or Movement etc.

Please provide me all legal information with legal references.

I look forward to receive your reply soon.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register