Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavitha Menon (Others)     14 January 2015

Aneexure k for passport renewal

Dear Lawyers:

I have applied for my passport renewal that expires this monh. Along, with it I have also applied for address change. The current passport has my maiden name and address. However, now my address has changed. I was married but have been separated for more than 2 years now. The case is still on in the court.

I haven't changed my maiden name even after my marriage on any of my documents. So, now the passport authority says to submit Annexure K which says the following:

"Specimen Affidavit for Re-issue of passport, which was obtained prior to marriage, by married applicants who are unable to provide the prescribed marriage certificate or joint affidavit with spouse due to marital discord, separation or without formal divorce decree by the Court or due to total desertion by the spouse."

However, I spoke to my lawyer and he says no Judge will agree to sign on this. Hence, I again checked with the Passport Authority to see if they would accept a NOTARIZED Annexure K but they refused. They added Annexure C(for my son who is minor) can be NOTARIZED.

Why are things still so complicated in Indian Law!!! Anyway, could youplease advice accordingly. My appointment is  on 16th Jan; so, I don't have much time on hands. Should I just carry my marriage certificate? Please advice.

With much thanks,

Regards,

KVE

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Annexure “K” is the Specimen Affidavit for Issue or Re-issue of passport, which was obtained prior to marriage, by married applicants who are unable to provide the prescribed marriage certificate or joint affidavit with spouse due to marital discord, separation or without formal divorce decree by the Court or due to total desertion by the spouse.

Simply prepare the Annexure K Affidavit, purchase the Stamp paper accordingly the Duty fixed in your State and give the Affidavit to the Department.

If you reside in Delhi then you can get your Annexure K Affidavit from this online portal- https://www.edrafter.in/passport-affidavit/

Thanks,

https://www.edrafter.in/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register