Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   24 October 2015

Ancestry property daughter rights

Hi,

This is on behalf my mother.

My father has 2daughters and 1son.all are married.my father has ancestry agricultural land from his grandfather. Now he transferred to his son without giving share to daughters. Do I have right for equal share as son?

Learning

14 Replies

Rajesh   24 October 2015

My mother got married in 1987 and aunt in 1993

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 October 2015

If your grandfather had died intestate after 2005 or if the partition of ancestral property had happened after 2005 then daughters are entitled for equal share along with the sons

Rajesh   24 October 2015

No.my grandfather is alive.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 October 2015

The agriculture land is in which state?

The property is self acquired by grandfather or ancestral?

Rajesh   24 October 2015

The land is in telangana and ancestral property.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 October 2015

I am from Telangana.  In Telangana, there is no rule of taking date of marriage as parameter now.  Earlier it was there.  Now the women is entitled for equal share even in the ancestral property.  The property which your father holds is ancestral in nature and still your father is alive, the sons and daughters can claim rights from your father to their respective shares.  Your mother cannot claim. 

But if your father died intestate, his share will be divided into four parts (one son, two daughters and wife). Hence, wife is entitled to 1/4th share that too from the share of his husband.  For further clarification contact my email.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2015

@Rajesh:  Your question is devoid of details. You have stated that it is ancestral property,  you also say that your grandfather is still alive  and your grandfather is reported to have given this property to your father.You also state that your father has two daughters and one son but your father has transferred  the entire property to his son.  Your name suggests to be a male, may be the same son.Now this query is from your side towards your sisters' share in the property right? What is your understanding about the ancestral nature of this property?,  your grandfather's self acquired property shall not become ancestral property moreover your grandfather is still alive hence he might have acquired the property from his father as his legal heir or through some oral partition, you have not disclosed any detail but have put this vague query leaving the experts to imagine the details and suggest you with some wrong or misguidance, right?

If you answer the queries raised, you may get a proper opinion. 

Rajesh   31 October 2015

@Kalaiselvan:you have miss understood my initial statement. "This is question is on behalf my mother" I am son to one of daughter of my grandfather. The ancestry property got to my grandfather from his grandfather. Now he transferred to his son(my uncle). I hope now it's clear.

Rajesh   31 October 2015

@Kalaiselvan:you have miss understood my initial statement. "This is question is on behalf my mother" I am son to one of daughter of my grandfather. The ancestry property got to my grandfather from his grandfather. Now he transferred to his son(my uncle). I hope now it's clear.

Rajesh   31 October 2015

Rajesh   31 October 2015

Rajesh   31 October 2015

Rajesh   31 October 2015

Rajesh   31 October 2015

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register