LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vemuru Venkateswara Rao (Advisor cane)     25 October 2016

Ancestral property sharing

My father and mother expired and we had an undivided property of  0.85 acres on my mother and 0.75 acres with a house on my father name. we are four memberes in family(2 Male+2female) but my sisteres were offered to take both in 0.85 acres 50:50 both and myself and brother agreed to take my fathers name property all agreed. But  now my sisteres asking to give house to them for which we regreted.

Advise us legally to get devide

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 October 2016

You all brothers and sisters have equal share in the properties left by your mother and father.if no amicable settlement arrived then file suit for partition in court and get the properties partitioned by court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu and properties of father/mother are self acquired/absoloute and mother of your father is not alive.

As rightly advised by Expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal all of sons and daughters have equal share.

Obtain death certificate of father/mother and legal heir certificate and submit to authority under whose jurisdiction property falls to record inheritance in mutation records and obtain latest mutation record say;Fard.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2016

Another Perspective; You seem to have agreed. Think about registered family agreement. Your able counsel can help you.

Rajan   26 October 2016

@vemuru Sorry for your loss. If u are HUF What is the date of passing of your parents? What do you mean by ancestral ? How is that you made a deal ? Is it written? Do you have a release deed signed for that property Is there any money invested by yourself and the brother on the estate prior to passing of the title owners!

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     26 October 2016

I agree with Kumar Doab. In our family we did what he has adviced with an able advocate as early as 1985 and it has stood the test of time.

If sisters do not agree then probably there will be no other course open except litigation

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 October 2016

@Gandhi Mohan Bharati:  "It brings happiness  and encourages to contribute more, when his services are remembered and acknowledged after 21 years.

Congratulations to Shri Kumar Doab for such valuable contribution and to GMB for visiting the forum even after your issue was solved and then responding for queries with your experience.  Great.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register