Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selva (Senior Consultant)     15 April 2013

Ancestral property rights

HI All,

We are a Hindu family from Tamil Nadu. My Great grand parent was having 3 sons including my grad father. My Great grand fathers property was shared equally between his 3 songs (Means My grand father got 1/3 of my great grand father property).My grand father is having only one son (ie My dad). For my father myself and one daughter(got married).

Now, My grand father wrote a will (settlement deed is registred with 2 witness) that the property which is partitioned for him from his father (1/3 of my great grand father's property) to my name that i am the only legal hier for his property.

Whether my sister is having any rights on my Grand father's property?

Experts, Please advise on this...

Regards

Selva

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     15 April 2013

When your grand father wrote a WiII "My grand father wrote a will (settlement deed is registred with 2 witness) that the property which is partitioned for him from his father (1/3 of my great grand father's property)" to my name that i am the only legal hier for his property.   it is not valid. 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 April 2013

Your grand father has no right to execute the will of entire share, because your father has got equal share in those properties.  So in your fahter's property, you all brothers, sisters and your mother have got equal share.

spandana (sales engineer)     15 April 2013

I am from vikarabad and married in 1995. Now my father is going to sell my grandfather property. Iam the grand father can i have the right for demanidng share in the property.  

spandana (sales engineer)     15 April 2013

I am from vikarabad and married in 1995. Now my father is going to sell my grandfather property. Iam the first grand daughter. Can i have the right for demanidng share in the property.  Can i proceed legally.

Selva (Senior Consultant)     22 April 2013

He wrote the will on 1995.  "When your grand father wrote a WiII "My grand father wrote a will (settlement deed is registred with 2 witness) that the property which is partitioned for him from his father (1/3 of my great grand father's property)" to my name that i am the only legal hier for his property.   it is not valid. "

Selva (Senior Consultant)     22 April 2013

Hello Sir,

My Father also wrote a will along with my grand father, that his share (ie my father's share of my great grand father property) to my name that am the only legal hier for his share.

"Your grand father has no right to execute the will of entire share, because your father has got equal share in those properties.  So in your fahter's property, you all brothers, sisters and your mother have got equal share."

Regards

Selva

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register