LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddharthbarua   08 May 2015

Ancestral property rights

My father in his mid 60s is the only son with 2 sisters and has been living in the house and property left by his father. The house is built by his father in the property which has been passed on from his great grand father. My aunties who are married for 35 years and in decently good financial states each are now softly demanding division of property. My father had very tough time maintaining this property and his ailing parents before they died in 1990 and 2001 respectively without leaving any will. Since we struggled to maintain he property, we don't want to split the property now although we are ready to give benefits to the aunties. Can you please educate us whether:

A. My father has any special claim over the property as he has maintained it over 35 years singlehandedly.

B. My father has legal rights to the house because he has lived and had his family for 35 years in the same house and looked after his parents until they died peacefully.

C. Is there a special relief to Hindu inheritance law of the property is 5 generation old?

Looking forward to legal inputs if not opinion.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register