Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Oscar Mendes (Service)     26 August 2012

Ancestral property right

Hi,

We have a Ancetral Property in Goa, The form 14 as my Dad's Name. He has 4 Kids from his Legal Wife, He Later met my Mother, and had 3 Kids, I am one of them.. My Mom n my Dad have been together for the last 40 yrs, and his legal wife although alive has been living seperate since 40 yrs..

My Mom Passed away a year ago..and we have been having problems since then for the property.

My Dad agrees to divide the property between the 4 and 3 kids , however this is only verbal and he has been saying this even before my mom passed away, he has not done anything for her... She has built the entire empire we have on the ancestral property, and my dad has not done anything in building the same..

The Points I need to know..

1. What rights do we have on the property, knowing that my mom was not married

2. Does my dad's legal wife need to sign any kind of papers or will or anything like that, incase my father wants to divide the property

3. Can half of the property be gifted, and if so, do we require his earlier wife kids and the wifes approval

4. Any other means where half the property can be transferred to us just by his signature

5. I know that if he makes a will, he can always superceed by another will

Kindly Advice

Oscar

Learning

1 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     26 August 2012

respected querist,

first of all i want to tell you that if your father had ancessotral property then it divide in his 4 legimate children and 3  children including you.furnish full detail of the property or any will if made by your father regarding the ancessotral property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register