LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishad (NA)     30 August 2015

Ancestral property dispute

My father had an ancestral property in Mangalore. The property was in our great great fore fathers name till the early 1990's. My Father had two brothers, one elder (Bachelor) and one small (married and has a family). When it was realised that the property was in our very old ancetors name my father's elder brother took the initiative to bring the property in the name of the small brother by finding the family tree and obtaining the power of attorney from all wh were legally entitled to a share. My father was also approached and was promised that for the timebeing give the power of attorney as it was important to bing the property in the name of one among us and my father can claim his share later on when the need arise.

As my father was working in kuwait he gave his POA thinking that he can claim his share later on and not make any issue right now. The property was made in the small brothers name. in the early 2000 my father suffered a stroke and had to leave his job and come to India. We stay in Mumbai but my father visited Mangalore frequently (three months in Mangalore Three months in Mumbai) and stayed there for sometime. During his stay in Mangalore, looking at his brothers behaviour my father realised that he had been falsely influenced to give POA and hence my father decided to build his own house in our ancestral property. But unfortunately my father passed away in 2004 and his wish to build a house remained unfulfilled. The fact was known to everyone that my father wanted to build the house hence oflate i approached both my uncles (fathers brother) asking for my fathers share to build his dream house. The elder brother totally agreed to it but the small brother is making excuse to avoid giving my fathers share.

Please advice can i legally claim a right on my fathers share in the property. what is the course of action i should take to claim my fathers share from his small brother.

Learning

2 Replies

srinivas   01 September 2015

Yes u can by filing an case for partition by obtaining document of change under rti to concerned thasildhar or panchayath or the office.kvm561210@gmail.com

Rishad (NA)     05 September 2015

Thanks Srinivas, Let me know, can i file the RTI online or send it to the email id provided by you. As i stay in Mumbai it would be difficult to frequently visit the concerned thasildhar or panchayath. What are the RTI filing fees if you are aware.

Thanks once again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register