Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Ancestral property

Dear sir,

My Grand fathers,  father has a land. After my grand father died now it was in my grand mothers name and she is alive. She has five sons and one daughter.

My father expired before my grandfather and Im the only daughter to him.

My grand mother gave the land to my uncle without any share to any one. He sold the land to his brother to half the cost so that he wont object for such thing without notice to any one.

Also she sold another land to my cousin and thay gave me an unequal share saying my grand father has taken some debts from his father for which there are no proofs. It was regsitered in the name of my cousin brother and my mother signed the documents

Do I have the right to ask for a share. Can I proceed legally.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     12 January 2013

If the property was ancestral the property came to be vested immediately on you to the tune of 1/7th on grandfather's death. Debts or other obligations have to be shared by all legal heirs equally. If you've been meted out an unfair deal. You can file a suit challenging all those alienations and seeking a partition. 

Bharat 

www.facebook.com/AdvocateBharatChughOnTheLawsOfIndia

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     12 January 2013

Mr. Bharat is right.

(Guest)

Thank you sir. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register