Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharath Kumar   23 July 2018

Ancestral property

Dear Sir,

Need to know about my grand fathers property where he passed away in 1984 and after that the property came to my grand mother who is alive and he has some property which he got from his father and in his tenure he bought some property and now in the name of grandmother.My question is will this property becomes ancestral or self acquired and will my grandmother has full right to give it to grandson without any sons or daughters concent.

if it is considered as self aquired then can she give it as a gift to her grandchildren?

Please answer 

Learning

5 Replies

Akarsh Banajiger   23 July 2018

It is the ancestral property if your grandfather didn't transfer it while he was alive. And no, your can't give the property to grandsons without her son's permission because they will be the legal heirs to that property.

Akarsh Banajiger   23 July 2018

It is the ancestral property if your grandfather didn't transfer it while he was alive. And no, your can't give the property to grandsons without her son's permission because they will be the legal heirs to that property.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     23 July 2018

Properties which were bought in your grandmother name are self acquired properties she can dispose those property the way she want.

Property which came to her after your grandfather death are by way of succession she can dispose those property the way she want.

Property from your grandmother father must have come by gift or WILL, she can dispose those property the way she want.

Thank you sir , Only sons permission required or even daughters permission also?

Thank you sir , Only sons permission required or even daughters permission also?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register