Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palash Gupta (none)     04 December 2014

Ancestral property

Hi Friends!

My query is regarding my ancestral property. Ours is a joint family and my father has 3 brothers and 5 sisters. Our family own 3 houses where we people live. Now, when my grand-father died he didnt distributed his property to his heirs. Also, we got no will of him.My family pays the property tax and all but i dont know about the legality of the sale of the houses.

My Question is since we do not have any records in our possession making us the legal owners although we are the owners and timely paying the property tax and everything, what and how can we go about to legally claim the property in order to sell it subsequently. We do not have any will/ record claiming our ownership so wat can we do to transfer the title of the properties to us so that the same can be sold further!

Waiting for an early resolution for my problem!

Learning

2 Replies

kiran (na)     04 December 2014

hello!

I am writing this on behalf of my father.he is two brother and 1 sister,grand father is no more,grand mother is alive she is leaving with my father.my father and uncle is having dispute related to the property which is not divided ON PAPER but they are cultivating half-half of the land. my uncle has all ready ripped his crop and filed case on my father due to which he is not been able to cut the crop.but the important thing is that he has not received any legal notice related to that only police come to home and was told not do so

my question is that weather or not he can cut the crop.

there are other various problem which i want to discuss in personal.

regards,

kiran

Rajiv (md)     06 December 2014

I am a Kerala based Hindu, my mother got share in property from his mother.

My Parents have four sons including me,

Now my mother  make a will and transfer their ancestral property to my Younger Brother, and Evicted me and my two Brothers from property, they even dont inform us, nor take our consent before property transfer.

is this will is valid?

can my parents made this type will?

now can i claim my share in this ancestral property ? if Yes, How,

Please provide me similar case history with case number, book references etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register