LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

YSNSRINIVAS (SOFTWARE)     28 April 2017

Ancestoral proeprty is occupied and not shared

1. My Grand Father has ancestrol property(House)in Machilipatanam. 2. He has three sons and wrote a will in favor of his sons eqaually. 3. He expired in 1992 and My father expired in 2007. 4. My grand mother expired in 2009. 5. My second paternal uncle is residing in the ancestrol house. 6. When I and my first paternal uncle,ask him to vacate the house he is not willing to do so. 7. He came up with a proposal to buy our share in the house at half of market rate.we did not agree for the proposal as there is huge difference between the proposed value and market value. 8.We stay in Hyderabad. Please let us know how to proceed further.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 April 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

Submit the WILL to authority to act upon it, without any cloud on it and fulfill the requirements of process/procedure of ‘Testate Succession’.

The authority under whose jurisdiction property falls has set procedure for such matters of Testate Succession and it is usually available on website on authority also.

Download the procedure and also the docs etc required for it.

Usually certified copy of the WILL, death certificate etc are required and authority may also ask for legal heir certificate/affidavit NOC from other legal heirs/advt in newspapers.

Therafter obtain mutation updated records showing share of all lega heirs.

Your grandfather has been fair and reasonable and provided equal share to all sons that is also as per succession laws, except that as per succession laws (Hindu) his  mother (if alive on his date of death) and wife also had equal share.

If the WILL has been acted upon without any cloud on it then the share is as per it.

Your father share devolves equally upon his Mother (since she was alive on his date of death), wife, sons,daughters....................

If amicable settlement is not possible approach court. 

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     29 April 2017

As the second uncle is in possession of the property, just getting title for you and first uncle is not enough.  That you require eviction of second uncle from your property and possession of the same by both of you is also important.  So, on the basis of the will, you have to file a suit for possession arraying all necessary parties.  Note, that as your father has expired, over the part of his property (1/3rd of  the property), your mother (if she survives) and  your other siblings have right and it has to be equally divided.  Engage an advocate in Machilipatnam.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2017

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
If the WILL has been acted upon without any cloud on it then the share is as per it.

Your father share devolves equally upon his Mother (since she was alive on his date of death), wife, sons,daughters....................

If amicable settlement is not possible approach court. 

"Your father share devolves equally upon his Mother (since she was alive on his date of death), wife, sons,daughters....................if the WILL is not valid"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register