Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunan (Project Manager)     24 November 2016

Ancestor property right

Dear All,

if a Mother gets a share from her fathers property, what is the right of share of her children ( 1 male and 2 female (all are married)) in that property inherited from her father.

If she writes a will to one person, can it be challanged in court of law.

Thanks

Arun

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Confirm.

Property from mother's side is not ancestral.

Nature of inherited property is self acquired.

Children have no forced share in self acquired property in life time of mother.

She can dispose it as it pleases to her in her life time.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 November 2016

Mother's share is  inherited from her father is equal to her self acquired property  and youcan't force her to gfive any share out of that. I t is in her name and sh can deal with i t in any manner she likes sale, bequeath, gift, Exchange, lEASE, MORTGAZE ETC AL;L ATTRIBUTES O F OWNERSHIP  OF  FPROPERTY.Sorry! I won't guarantee you that you'll get  a share in your mother's property.If you appreciate thi sanswer please convey my forum thanks by cli9cking thanks.

1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 November 2016

Mother's share is  inherited from her father is equal to her self acquired property  and youcan't force her to gfive any share out of that. I t is in her name and sh can deal with i t in any manner she likes sale, bequeath, gift, Exchange, lEASE, MORTGAZE ETC AL;L ATTRIBUTES O F OWNERSHIP  OF  FPROPERTY.Sorry! I won't guarantee you that you'll get  a share in your mother's property.If you appreciate thi sanswer please convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     25 November 2016

I have repeatedly mentioned in this Forum that, under Womens Propert Rights Act 1956<  any property that comes into the hand of a woman by way of inherittance, gift, sridhana etc., will be deemed as her own self earned property.

She can dispose it in any manner she likes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register