LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s pande   23 January 2019

Anancestral property transfer in maharashtra

We are having ancestral property (LAND) in our hometown in Maharashtra . Myself , my father & Aunt (Father’s Sister) are the joint owner of the property. Now my father & Aunt would like to transfer their share to me . Which is the best way to do the same with minimum duty & fees ? What is the applicable stamp duty, Registration & LBT for the same.

Learning

5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   23 January 2019

U ask local deed writer or sub registrar.if it costs heavy then approach civil court thru compromise let they transfer title to u.with consent decree.

s pande   23 January 2019

Thank you very much for your reply. But I didn't understand why I need to approch civil court. As if there is no disput , only thing they(Father & Aunt)  want to transfer their share to me , so that I will be the 100% owner of the property.

My point of question is that weather I need to go for gift deed or Relinquishment Deed or any other form of deed so that goverment taxses/transfer fees can be saved.

Please guide.

Shashi Dhara   24 January 2019

I don't know Maharashtra registration fee for gift or settlement or relinquishment deed costs so u ask deed writer .if it cost heavy u take title thru court consent decree. And furnish decree copy to change title to Ur name. in consent decree court fee will be refunded.only advocate fee and typing costs include.select advocate who charges minimum fee.

Shashi Dhara   24 January 2019

All of u go together andtake consent decree .going to court means that their must be dispute iswrong. For compromise also u may go to court

s pande   25 January 2019

Thnaks for your guidance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register