LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunay (Engineer)     14 January 2013

Ambiguous case

Me and my wife had differences three months into marriage and she made it worse by involving some mindless people into our dispute instead of working it out.These people made the situation worse and for the want of taking revenge me threatened us with 498a and demanded huge amount of money.Without any other way we payed the first installement and sinec we live in USA we applied for divorce in USA and we will be getting it in few weeks.Now my wife realises the mistake and want the relationship back.After a deep thought i thought i should give it a try but worried for my own and my familys safety...since their family can always tune her(not that it would happen) her to use 498a for sloving petty issues in future..

So i was reading somewhere about the law of land...My question is after my divorce completes in USA and get married again in USA accorindg to their laws ...would they can use dirty 498a laws against me in future as i was married in a different land accorind to their laws..We both are Indian citizens and we both are on work Visa over there..iam ready to face american law as they are fair and if i commit a mistake i should be punished but not unfair usage like 498a to extort money and implicate family members

Please suggest any other precauations i should take not for this situaton to repeat again.I have all the written documents that they took money from us..

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register