Am i eligible for maintenance

I left my husband's house in April 2012 and went to court for maintainence. He is working as Asst Manager in a reputated bank. I am MBA but left the job before marriage. Court has given him last chance to reply but he didn't appear. The court fined Rs 500 and gave the next date. I am trying for job but couldn't succeed. I want money for other court proceedings also. Am I eligible for maintenance??

One more question he is having all my jewellaries and FDs which is given to me by my parents and relatives at the time of marriage. He is not ready to give all my articles including my expensive clothes. How can i get those? How much time it will take to get all those articles? What constitutes Streedhan?? The articles which i get from my parents home or those also which i get from my in-laws?? Please reply. 

advocate

if you left your husband with reasonable cause you can get maintenance untill you get employed .

You may file criminal case under sec 406 for misappropriation of your stridhan.

I am sure you wont get a penny!!! not only your jewellery but also maintenance legally or otherwise.

Sure, you will get a bonus that you will be called a "divorcee" soon.

Well, I am ready for divorce. It's better to be separate rather than to tolerate his physical torture. But he don't want to leave me. He is not ready for divorce. I am trying for mutual divorce. Even I am trying for my job also. I don't want a single penny from his side but because my financial condition is not good so that i can fight cases against him. That's y i am asking that am i eligible for maintenance or not?

Is it proper way that he has taken all the gifts (gold and cash) that is hard core money of my parents. I want that back only. u ppl don't have right to hurt the feelings of a girl by saying so. I just want to know the legal reality through this forum.

Thank you.

healyhcare

MADAM, IF U DONT WANT ANYTHING, FORGET IT AND GO FOR DIVORCE, ITS QUIET EASY IF WIFE WANTS DIVORCE AS SHE HAS LOTS OF BRAMHA ASTRAS TO THROW,
THOSE TAKE TIME BUT U WILL GET IT, WHILE IF HUSBANDS ASK FOR DIVORCE , CONTESTED TAKES YEARS..
MCD WILL SORT OUT ELSE REGULAR SEC 13 WILL BE CONVERTED TO MCD IF U BOTH AGREE ON APPEARANCE..
THATS IT......

@ AAAA,

File IPC 406 and get your due return and speak to him for mutual divorce. All other means will drain your energy, time, money. If you are suffering for money, free legal aid available to women.

u r thinking of expensive clothes.. and u want all to believe that u dont want anything.

greed has no end. be honest. 

haraam ke paise hajam karne ke liye churan lete lete sab paise kharach ho jayenge.

Bangalore

In the end what will be left with you is those ill-fitting expensive clothes !

NILL

YES AAAA

a Hindu wife, shall be entitled to be maintained by her husband during her life time.

but there must be a particular reason why u left ur husband home, like if ur husband has treated u with ccruelty /apprehension in ur mind that it will be harmful or injuries to live with him/he has any other wife living/. if there is any other cause justifying living separately.

then whole life even after diovorce also u will get maintence.

ur other things also he has to return.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu