LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjali (Accounts)     04 June 2016

Allegation of blackmail

There was this international company starting office in India I joined them at start up and it was like whenever we make some money we shall share it out

I became the resident director in an emergency situation and worked for 5 months without a salary in anticipation of good return later on 

The other director went on negotiations with the investor without involving me and struck a deal and placed me at the lowest level of the organisation structure with a petty salary of 5 lakhs which was less than my previous earnings 

I resigned from the directorship and asked them to pay me for past five months they were not agreeing so I  messaged them that I will send a mail to the investor informing details you have hidden and will not handover any documents till my money is released 

Now this person is accusing me of blackmail 

I want to know whether I can do anything to protect myself

Learning

1 Replies

KS Johal   04 June 2016

I fully agree to Adv. Gonjare. By communicating this way it appears that you are blackmailing. You need to take a different approach to recover your money. An alternative would be to take legal action. But you need to weigh up your losses before going on this route.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register