LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Alimony/ maintenance

i am planning to divorce my second husband, i instead of wasting time in court i want to go for MCD, can i claim ask money now also ? my previous marriage was also MCD and i took some money as onetime settlement.

Learning

17 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     14 January 2018

Originally posted by : arthi
i am planning to divorce my second husband, i instead of wasting time in court i want to go for MCD, can i claim ask money now also ? my previous marriage was also MCD and i took 10 L as onetime settlement.

You planned to divorce him before marriage or after marriage ?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 January 2018

How much money you seek from 2nd husband? And after getting divorce from him, what will you demand from 3rd and 4th, 5th and likewise, husbands for divorce?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2018

The priority should be to save the Marriage ...

The T&C are to be decided between both spouses, be IT 1st or onwards.......

(Guest)

ya ya.

You can go ahead.

Indian courts are very helpful to women who want to claim alimony.  Rest matters discuss wth your advocate.

TGK REDDI   14 January 2018

Excellent reply by Shri Raj Malhotra.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 January 2018

Hindu Dharma shastraas saying: Day and night, it’s the duty of a husband to protect his woman and respect her individuality, whereas wife is responsible for security of peace and happiness of home.

TGK REDDI   15 January 2018

Hindu dharma says, na stree swatantrya marhati.

Rama with one wife, Krishna with hundreds of wives, Draupadi with several husbands and Bhima's & Krishna's mischiefs were praised.    Duryodhana's mischiefs were condemned.     Dharma changes with times and persons. 

Dharma shouldn't be law; Laws cite sacred books and create confusion.

Rishi kumar   15 January 2018

That's an eye opener. 

(Guest)

pls answer only to the point ! can i claim aligmony again or not ? i need an advocate who can take up my case and give advise 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2018

Visit Family court and chose a lawyer from list of lawyer that you can prepare there. THiis is the best way.

If you wish to search in LCI databank check at link;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2018

Or entrust to your previous lawyer that represented you earlier.

Or wait as some members, experts from your locations may post.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
No mam, you can not claim second alimony.

under what law can you say that i can't claim maintenance/ aligmony secong time ?  is there any law or rule ? 

TGK REDDI   15 January 2018

Shrimati Arthi

Madam

Please be polite.     Ask for reply; don't demand.     Members can offer suggestions not asked for by you.     It's up to you to receive them or discard them.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Divorce Law & Income Tax rule r/w mutual consent divorce.
Rest your lawyer teach/cheat you.

All the best.

can you please give me a link for the divorce law where it is stated that aligmony can be claimed only once ! because this is my second marriage 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register