LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jerome Lobo   08 August 2019

Akrama sakrama land

I am from Belthangady Taluk of Karnatka. My father has a property acquired under Akrama Sakrama and it is now 18 years after we got the documents. He wants to transfer this property to me under Gift deed. Is it possible and what are the documents required?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 August 2019

Every Gift Deed needs to go through profiling from a lawyer well-versed in the knowledge of the transfer of properties and contracts, after which you refer to a Stamp Vendor to find which Stamp Paper is suitable for you and the taxes to be paid simultaneously. After all of which you head to the Sub-Registrar Office.

Before proceeding to registration, make sure your deed is drafted in accordance with the law, and also the wishes of the Donor and the Donee. The break up for the procedure of registration can be done as follows:

1. Sign the Deed (both the Donor and the Donee) in the presence of 2 witnesses and take the signed document to the nearest Sub-registrar Office. When saying ‘nearest’, it refers to the Sub-Registrar Office nearest to the immovable property.
  2. Calculate the Registration charges with the help of lawyers or consult LegalDesk.com to get an accurate measure.
  3. Pay the registration charges stipulated and get the deed attested.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 August 2019

Ji, if your father paid the penality under Akrama Sakrama scheme, then consult a senior Document Writer/a lawyer to prepare the document.  The Stamp duty and Registration fees vary from one State to other State.  so check in SRO.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register