Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Udayakumar (IT)     14 August 2014

Airtel postpaid mobile issue

Hi,

I have two airtel postpaid connections (1 connection for almost 5 years and other 3 years). I had to travel to UK on official duty in jan 2014; and hence called airtel to understand how I can retain the number on my return after 7 to 10 months. The answer was to keep the number in safe custody, for which I have to pay rs 50 /month. I asked them to enable it for one number alone. But they asked me to call a week before the travel. I agreed and called them a week before my travel and informed the same. The first person agreed and took my details. Next day another executive called for the same and asked the reason for it and I said im travelling to onsite and he said he will enable it for me. Just a day before my travel an airtel lady executive from tamilnadu (spoke in local language, hence assume she should be from chennai/tamilnadu) called me and gave a suggestion of converting to prepaid and keep it, instead of keeping in safe custody and this would save money. I asked her when I return to india I would revert back to my old postpaid plan, is that possible? and she said there are better plans than that and would help on the same. I agreed for it and asked for converting to prepaid. She then asked for documents to be submitted in the nearest airtel office. I hesitated since I was busy and asked for the executive to collect documents from my home. She called me later and said executives arent free and no option other than me going to their office. Atlast I said better put in safe custody.

Then she calls again and states that she discussed with her manager and since Im a customer for a long time, they can give a bill waiver for 3 months and then requested me for calling airtel to keep in safe custody after 3 months. I agreed for it and asked to send an email. I then travelled to UK. I didnt get any email for it. After 3 months I sent the email to airtel with the history. But the response was to pay the 3 months bill. Emails went to and fro but nothing happened. And sometimes even new emails come for asking me to pay my bill. Without intimation by connection got deactivated for non payment of bill. This frustrated me and I sent an email to nodal team, wherein I get a response that they are checking on it, but no response at all. Now after 6 months at UK, I returned to India and also sent email to the airtel appelate team. I get a reply, but no action till now. My mobile is still in deactivated state. I asked them to waiver 3 months bill and tell me the amount to be paid, so that I can pay and they can enable the number. But no response at all. 

Please suggest me on this issue. Should I pay the entire bill or any action can be taken on them? If so whats the procedure? Im from chennai.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Uday

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register