Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suryansh (TA)     24 September 2012

Airtel people harassing

Hi,

I was a customer of Airtel Broadband Service and things got messed up when I was given a bill based on a plan which I did not opt for. I mailed them and filed complaints to which they said they would get back to me but in vain. They asked me to pay the bill anyways to which I refused and requested to calculate the appropriate amount according to the plan that I had opted for. I never got any reply and suddenly one day they threatened me to pay the bill or they would send me a legal notice.

I asked them that my complaints were never resolved to which they said it was all bullsh*t. Now it has been 6 months they have been threatening that they have sent a legal notice and I missed some court hearings too. Kindly suggest. I still have all the 'complaint numbers' with me.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 September 2012

Consumer/citizen should record such transactions {audio/visual}.

If any court case is filed court shall supply the summons.

Probably the men/women calling you are collection/recovery agents of Airtel, posing as …………which is impersonation. You may carefully note the phone numbers, date, time of call.

You may demand from Airtel Nodal officer/Appellate Authority, the identification i.e. name and address of collection/recovery agency, name and address of its owner/prop , its manager and name and address of executive who called you from phone numbers……..,  and name, designation, dept, address of Airtel Manager who has supplied your case detail to the collection/recovery agency to coerce, force, thread, intimidate you.

You may lodge a police complaint, with police commissioner and SHO under acknowledgment.

You may log on to website of the company and supply a complaint addressed to MD,CEO, Company Secretary under acknowledgment to them demanding each and everything.

You may also submit a complaint to local BM of Airtel and demand each and everything including certified copy of SEF {Subscriber’s Enrollment Form} and enclosed sheet on which plan details were filled and signed by you and name and address of Airtel employee who has passed and proceed your SEF.

It has been seen that citizens who are able to take a crowd of people to the company office, and make the local BM give it a good beating of mind are respected by Airtel and provided prompt service. In one case local BM was forced to call the recovery agents numbers and beat the hell out of them and tell them not to call the customer again.

Be proactive.

You can also lodge a complaint with TRAI and later file RTI to know action taken.

You can approach lawyer, lok adalat, DCDRF also. However you should evaluate your docs and merits.

This comapny has been punished and penalised many times and is a habitual offender. Previous decisions of cases involvinf this and any other  company can be seen at

At

Confonet

confonet.nic.in/

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     27 September 2012

Hi Suryansh,

You need not to be bothered with these Ra*****, if you have all proofs of your words written here. Have you got any legal notice till date?

Check this link how I tackled the same case with TATA INDICOM,

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-CHEATING-OF-TATA-TELESERVICES-LTD--36943.asp

Please read and comment here.

Regards,

Abhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register