LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (se)     10 February 2013

Airtel cheating

Today I received a mail from <Collections.v@airtelmail.in> asking me to pay my outstanding bill as soon as possible. Furthermore the mail says that 

"The payment has been not received for the same till date. Hence the casehas been moved to our solicitors and a Lok adalat notice has been initiated on 22n Feb 2013"

I requested them to disconnect the services from past 6months but they are not doing that and more over harassing me by calling many times saying "we will see how you will not pay the amount"...

Here with i am attaching the mail conversation document. Please suggest me what to do??

As i am working in an organization if any case has filed or i have to file that would damage the firm's reputation hence i am worrying about that ... after i saw this website and HEMANG's comments i got enough courage to fight against Airtel.

Please suggest me how to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Srinivas

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 February 2013

If you had informed the Air Tel to disconnect and  have got proof then issue notice and claim damages.  If you received notice then appear in the case and submit the documents. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2013

Mr. Rajiv ( Rajoo) has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

You should have quoted the date of disconnection as claimed by you in say Feb2012 by  ( quote the phone number, date, time and if required enclose the copy of bill showing the call was made) or the letter/email vide which communication for disconnection was made or visit in person during which instruction for disconnection was made.

If you have got the proof/evidence you are safe in any Adalat/court.

On Feb 8, 2013 “ NO Name” has written

This is regarding non payment of bills towards the above said account for a net outstanding of Rs.1774 which is not paid from past few months.

Whereas

On 10/5/12

One Venkatesha Murthy HN has written that :

Currently, there is no any outstanding in your account as per invoice dated 12-09-2012

The security deposit (if any) refunded through cheque within 60 days from the date of permanent disconnection.

On October 18, 2012 one Naga Chandra

Rs.560/- has already been credited to your account. This will reflect in your 
next bill dated 12-11-2012.

Hence you may claim refund of Rs.560/ + Security refund + Interest etc from this company.

You may also demand final bill showing the details and break up of amount of Rs.1774/ which is claimed after announcing there is no outstanding.

It is not mandatory for you to supply your mobile number for disconnection.

If you have mentioned the account number/connection number this should suffice.

You should have escalated to Nodal Officer/Appellate Authority of the company designated as per directions of TRAI.

You could have also escalated to MD, Company Secretary whose contact details can be obtained from website of the company.

You should have involved local BM of the company and could have visited him with influential local well wishers.

If the company has claimed that it has lodged a complaint with Lok Adalat the Lok Adalat shall issue notice to you to appear in the matter.

It is felt that the jurisdiction is your location/permanent Lok Adalat having jurisdiction for your Location.

However these unscrupulous companies claim that Special Lok Adalas where the company has filed complaint has the jurisdiction.

You may appear in self or with your lawyer.

If you are not satisfied with the decision of the Lok Adalat you can inform that you are not satisfied and the matter can be referred by Lok Adalat.

You can also move DCDRF by self or thru your lawyer. 

To prepare well ands to defend yourself approach a lawyer well versed in consumer cases as ap.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

srinivas (se)     10 February 2013

Thanks a lot Rajoo and Kumar for your quick reply and suggestions... really thank you very much..

1)

I have a doubt that will it be a case if the isssue is in Lokadalat ie legal (civil) ??? filing a case against me??

why i am asking this question is as i am working in a reputed firm and attending court /case will damage the reputation of it hence i am worrying about that only.

2) what is the next course of action i have to do before i got  a notices from Lokadalat ?? any work around is needed from my side??

3) As far as i know customer care,billing email id's hence i am sending the mails to them only, and i could not able to find the BM/DM/NODAL officerds emailids in the airtel site 

Please advice....

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2013

Best is that you approach a lawyer specializing in consumer cases.

By law company has to provide contact details of Nodal Officer/Appellate Authority on its bill, website, and customer care executives should also provide it.

The BM should be available in local RO (Regional Office) the address of which you can collect from any Airtel vendor. Circle offices (superior of BM) list should be available at website of company.

Other officials whom you can approach may be:

Compliance Manager
Bharti Airtel Ltd

Email id:"compliance.officer" <compliance.officer@bharti.in>

Instead of searching email id of MD, VP-Legal you can send a fax, redg. post to MD and see the action.

TRAI has published a list of NGO’s for telecom matters. You may check at its website and you may find;

Consumer Rights Education &
Awareness Trust (CREAT)
239, 5th C Main,
Remco Layout, Vijayanagar
Bangalore- 560 040(KTK)

TRAI/CO/NGO/01/2004 – NO

Shri Y.G. Muralidharan
Secretary
Tel : 080- 23357280/23403170
Fax : 23303973
Mob: 09448145170
E-mail :info@creatindia.org

Balakedarara Vedike (R) Consumers'
Forum Brasam Building, Nehru Maidan SAGAR-577 401
Karnataka

TRAI/CO/NGO/13/2001 – NO

Shri K.N. Venkatagiri Rao,
Secretary
Tel: (08183) -226473/237717(R)
227465(O)
Mob: 09480058303
E-mail:
consumersforumsagar@gmail.com

They may be of some assistance to you.

Lok Adalat is Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) systems for compromise/mediation.

The award can be passed by Lok Adalat, only after obtaining the assent of all the parties to dispute.

A Permanent Lok Adalat can pass an award on merits, even without the consent of parties. Such an award is final and binding. From that no appeal is possible.

So confirm if the Lok Adalat quoted by Airtel is Special Lok Adalat or Permanent. Your lawyer can confirm by looking at the notice issued by Lok Adalat.

The appearance of lawyers on behalf of the parties, at the Lok Adalat is not barred.

You can read info at:

https://indianlawyer.blogspot.in/2007/11/lok-adalat-peoples-court.html

The legislative mandate for the creation of Lok Adalats was contained in the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987. Chapter VI of the Act provides for setting up Lok Adalats.

The Lok Adalat under Section 20 lays down certain conditions for cognizance of a matter by the Lok Adalat. A Lok Adalat can take cognizance of a matter either on application by both, or one of the parties or even suo motu if it is satisfied that The Practical Lawyer

https://www.ebc-india.com/practicallawyer Eastern Book Company Generated: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 elements of conciliation and settlement exist in it. However, in all cases, it is obligatory that the other party should be given an opportunity of being heard.

This Regulation ensures that the parties are given adequate notice and are present during the proceedings.

or download from Google.

Attached File : 1035379995 lok adalat all the parties to the dispute must be present if compromise was to be a valid one index2.pdf downloaded: 114 times

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     12 February 2013

Hi,

File a complaint to the police station near by your house, informing them about the harrassment.

Secondly, dont worry about the court hearings, as you have to engage a lawyer and he will look after the things.There is no need to worry.

Srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     12 February 2013

Hi,

File a complaint to the police station near by your house, informing them about the harrassment.

Secondly, dont worry about the court hearings, as you have to engage a lawyer and he will look after the things.There is no need to worry.

Srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register