Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sajankumar v   20 June 2017

Aircel threatening me

Hello, 

I had been using AIRCEL postpaid connection for some time last year, and I requested AIRCEL to close the connection. From Jan 2017 I began receiving calls after callsl from AIRCEL customer care that I need to clear the due amount. After a lot of fights, I paid and closed the account. I received a confirmation email from AIRCEL that  'My account has been suspended for avoid further billing charges' on JAN 21st 2017. 

After 2 months again they sent a bill for two months which is near 576INR. This time I told them clearly already my account is disconnected hence, I won't make any payment. They have not responded till now on that. but they sent me some threating email instead, that 23rd june is your final date, otherwise we will take legal action. 

I spoke to the AIRCEL recover team, I told them everything. They asked me to forward the confirmation email that I received on Jan 21st 2017. They said, they will close it and wont bothher me again but they didn't and I have not received any response from AIRCEL and the AIRCEL recovery team either. 

I have all the proof of email communication which they have sent it to me. 

What to do now? Any advice / help would highly appricate it.

Learning

4 Replies

Soumya   21 June 2017

A lot of cellular companies have been known to do this. However, I would suggest you wait till the Recover Team gets back to you, or you should call them again and follow it up. If they confirm that it is closed, then you can rest easy. If they dont respond after repeated attempts and any further e-mails or communications follow regarding unpaid balance, I suggest you file a case in Consumer Court against Aircel, with your various communications and the confirmation e-mail of payment as the primary evidence. 

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     21 June 2017

file a consumer complaint in the district forum without waiting for their action.

sajankumar v   21 June 2017

Gotcha! Thank you Mr Suneel and Soumya. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 June 2017

Before that issue a Registered Legal notice through Advocate, as issuing of such notice is desirable when you wish to file consumer complaint.  Wait upto 45 days after issuing the notice, and then if they still bring pressures, then file complaint.  See that every harassment with such chronological date is reflected in notice.  Later you can depend on the complaint and prepare a complaint yourself and attend the forum as party in person and maximum you may have to spend Rs.500/- as you will be demanding for costs and compensation of Rs.10,000/- it covers your expenses.  The procedure for filing complaint is not that much rigid as in Courts, and the proceedings are summary in nature, and it is not difficult for you to argue.  You can also authorise a representative for normal hearings and at the time of arguments you can appear in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register