Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bijal Shah (Administration Suppor)     22 April 2014

Agricultural land purchase

Dear Sir / Madam,

I intend to purchase a property out of Mumbai and stay there after a few years and in the meanwhile give it on rent to take care of the expenses. I have seen a plot however below are the clarifications I require before proceeding:-

1) it is an agricultural land divided into difference plots and is being selled. the party says that I/my ancestors need to have 7/12 utara or else I cannot purchase it and the registertation cannot be done in my name. He/she has acres of area and is dividing into guntha (1000sq ft) and selling it. Can I proceed to purchase it, having the agriculural utara?

2) The plot is not a Collector NA. Do I need some permissions to construct a house?

3) the person says that since its a agriculural land I cannot get a loan to purchase the property nor construct a house. is this correct?

4) I my ancestors have had a property outside Maharashtra and I want to purchase a land in Maharashtra are there any NOC's that I need to apply for or I can just give the utara details and purchase it?

5) If I have to convert the land into non-agricultural what will be the approximate fees involved? What will be the procedures.

Please help me urgently. the party has 50plots out of which 44 are already sold. they are holding to get a confirmation / token from me and if not responded in that case they will sell the property to other buyers.

Thanks and Regards,

Bijal Shah  

Learning

1 Replies

Amritansh (ADVOCATE)     22 April 2014

I am planning to purchase an agricultural land in Uttar Pradesh. The complete holding of land is about 36 bighas. ( that is one gata sankya holds 36 bigha ).

As such it is not possible for general public to purchase the complete land since the price is very high ( 10 lakh per bigha == 3.6 crore total).

So the owner is thinking to break the land in pieces and then sell.

I want to ask whether AGRICULTURAL LAND can be broken into pieces of 2 bigha each and then separately sold ( with proper demarcation of share of each piece on map ) ?

If the above strategy is wrong, then can it be sold via undivided shares ( with no demarcations of shares ) ?

Which act / law governs this scenario in Uttar Pradesh ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register