LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asif   20 June 2018

Agricultural land in undivided family

Hello, Me and my mother had share in my ancestral property(agricultural) after death of my father. Now these lands are located in different places (around 10), and all family members have their share on papers since my great grandfather. Their are around 15 people having their names on each piece of land. Although all family members have an agreement among themselves and had divided all property with mutual consent and look after their own property ( no documented paper). I am a non resident Indian (Indian citizen) and want to have my actual property under my name. My queries are:- 1)What is the procedure to do this? 2) Should I open a trust to do this? 3) What is the limit of agricultural land one can hold according to ceiling law( I belong to UP) Thanks, Saad Khan

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 June 2018

As per the new guidelines, 17 states amended the ceiling legislations. The range of ceiling varied from State to State. For instance, in Andhra Pradesh, the level of ceiling for dry land ranged from 14.16 hectares to 21.85 hectares. Karnataka had the limit of 21.85 hectares for dry land, while Punjab had 20.50 hectares and West Bengal 7.00 hectares. For irrigated lands with two crops, the limit was lower –Andhra Pradesh – 4.05 to 7.28 hectares, M.P, Maharashtra – 7.28 hectares, Punjab – 7 hectares, West Bengal – 5.0 hectares.

Saad khan   20 June 2018

I am from Uttar Pradesh

Saad khan   20 June 2018

I am from Uttar Pradesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register