Advocates day

My respected Colleagues,

It is an honour to talk about our own profession. In India, we celebrate so many Days including some of the Days, which was started in foreign Countries, whereas we do not have any particular day. we work 24/7. 

Why Cant we press Bar Council of India to DECLARE ONE DAY AS ALL INDIA ADVOCATES DAY.

Hope Every one of you will agree with this.

Smt.G.Padmavathi Srinivas
Advocate - High Court - Hyderabad

Yes I agree. I believe it is important for all of us to get together and support this issue and bring it to the attention of the Bar Council of India. I fully agree and fully support.

Law Student

Interesting. Though, to let you know, we do have an advocate's day which is celebrated on the 3rd of December every year in memory of our first President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.

Lawyer

As per Wikipidia 

Advocates' day is celebrated in India by the lawyer community on the 3rd of December to mark the birth anniversary of Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the First President of India and a very eminent lawyer himself. Advocates' Day brings together labor officials, labor representatives, public and private sector managers, management representatives and labor relations neutrals from across the States and Territories to hear national and regional speakers addressing the key issues of the day. Dr. Rajendra Prasad (December 3, 1884 – February 28, 1963) was the first President of Independent India. He was an independence activist and as a leader of the Congress Party, played a prominent role in the Indian Independence Movement. He served as President of the Constituent Assembly that drafted the constitution of the Republic from 1948 to 1950. He had also served as a Cabinet Minister briefly in the first Government of Independent India.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu

web analytics