Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Advocate -not able to practice --what this mean -

Sir,

Please clarify what this means- Sorry for my ignorance n this legal front as this is my first exposure to a legal case and never expected that i would have to face this in my life.
----------
My well educated sister was going through a marital issues and recently received a divorce notice. Since it had some sensitive info n it, I started a private discussion with a advocate(i guess) putting forth all the issues back and forth exchange with some attachments being sent over. After a quite good number of thread exchanges, when I requested the advocate if he could take up the case, he mentioned saying Sorry, he is  NOT a lawyer and not allowed to APPEAR in court and asked me to look for one.

I didnt feel to bother him after that.But,what does it mean in the indian court of law-->NOT ALLOWED TO APPEAR ?

Learning

11 Replies

sai narayana   08 June 2017

Originally posted by : KarthiKM
Sir,

Please clarify what this means- Sorry for my ignorance n this legal front as this is my first exposure to a legal case and never expected that i would have to face this in my life.
----------
My well educated sister was going through a marital issues and recently received a divorce notice. Since it had some sensitive info n it, I started a private discussion with a advocate(i guess) putting forth all the issues back and forth exchange with some attachments being sent over. After a quite good number of thread exchanges, when I requested the advocate if he could take up the case, he mentioned saying Sorry, he is  NOT a lawyer and not allowed to APPEAR in court and asked me to look for one.

I didnt feel to bother him after that.But,what does it mean in the indian court of law-->NOT ALLOWED TO APPEAR ?

In indian law, other than the contesting party only his advocate can appear to contest his case on his behalf, no one else can do that even if he is well versed with the law.

(Guest)

Which means, he is either a QUACK with just the knowledge of LAW or someone outsed by the BAR Council, as sutlely pointed by the expert above.

Dont worry sir. We also had seen our share of such pimps even in this forum who had taken the desperation of people like you for a ride. These are the people who went to the extent of providing advise to members with just their KNOWLEDGE OF LAW in the capacity of advocates to those who come in desperate need like you.These crooks dont even understand the simple fact that a advise that comes from a certified advocate becomes a LEGAL advise and rest are all just a simple advise as IS.

Some here had even gone to the extent of posting the private messages here in FORUM,just because their views were not accepted,a few times to prove their submissions that are meant to be PRIVATE and added disgrace to the discretion of this community that provides help in all forms.If you want to check, GO BACK and search this forum on the times when private messages were exposed. Just because this forum says lawyersclub, dont assume every JERRY that posts reply or initiates a big legal thread here is a advocate but needless to say real ADVOCATEs had always maintained the dignty and respect for the members here.So, do your due deligdent work in identifing a legitimate advocate.

That said apart, you mentioned your sister being a educated person. So let her do her part on this in approaching the right advocate n putting all facts openly and in person and you stand behind her and provide ALL support. Dont try to ADD more damage to her discretion,in the name of favor, by sharing such sensitive information ONLINE,as you had stated, in online forums like this and others.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2017

The online discussions are not substitute to in person consultations with a counsel specializing in concerned field of law e.g; Family Matters in your case.

It requires little effort to inquire and find out all lawyers practicing in concerned field of law e.g; Family Matters in your case.

Thereafter a little more effort and you will come to know of counsels of unshakable repute and integrity.

Choose anyone from such counsels.

There are endless number of threads at LCI also by unsuspecting querists that have been fleeced.

Then there are groups/gangs/cartels that push unsuspecting querists to some posers and imposters and many of them flaunt picture of very aged/old and sick looking persons.

Young ones and facing litigation/cases, usually trust entities that paste picture of very aged/old and sick looking persons.

The persons facing Family matters/divorce cases/employment related matters are vulnerable and fleeced and exploited.

Online discussions can provide with 1st hand feel of the matters and in case of some portals where query is attended by well informed, sincere members and Experts the querist can get quality information, illustration, citations and can become properly informed.

A properly informed person can defend his/her interest much better than a person that is poorly informed.

A properly informed person defended by a very able local counsel  of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law can handle OP’s better and chances of success are higher.

Member @advKK is right.

There are posts/threads that show that phone calls by some unscruplous posers, imposters posing as Experts are recorded,Personal Messages are saved and then published in threads.

It is against ethics.The persons that pose as soem Chief Lawyers are not Lawyer but are Liars.

The firms that they shamelessly promote at online portals are not Law Firms but are Liar's Firms.

The irony is that some members that themselves post as having faced litigations, cases start acting as Touts and pushing unsuspecting querists to such Posers, Imposters...........

(Guest)

@Querist.

It simply means that someone took pity on you and helped you and did not take advantage of you, by misleading that he or she will take up your case.

You should thank that person, for not fooling you,

or else there are many real advocates who take money as fees and dont file case at all.  You will go to court and stand like a monkey only to find out that the advocate did not file caes at all, and was taking fees on each date.  Next they wont even pick call.

It requires little effort to inquire and find out all lawyers practicing in concerned field of law e.g; Family Matters in your case.   Thereafter a little more effort and you will come to know of counsels of unshakable repute and integrity. Choose anyone from such counsels.

The counsels worth their salt won't hesitate to announce thier T&C, FEE, accept FEE by cheque, give copy of any document, give time to appear in court and they do appear in court......................

In case anyone comes across a lawyer that is not sincere and does not appear in court after collecting fee,....................... make him/her popular amongst communities .................

(Guest)

thanks to ALL. this thread is a eye opener to me. never know the other side of the coin and the so called crap involved. hope, I didnt fall into a wrong hands.

(Guest)

Advocate kumar had nailed t well in multiple posts here. except the fact that, a true learned advocate will not get fooled by a querist, since an advocate very well know the limits of a online advise.may be a junior advocate might get fooled who hasnt seen the other side of the coin like you. we have only seen those name-sake fakers with knowledge of law came here FOUL crying that they have been fooled by the querist.

Above all, if you ever come across a jack that has taken a fee and fooled you or someone threats you with any posting PM in public forums here,as kumar ji had mentioned, please do us a favor of PUBLISHing them here(once you have done your due research and confirmed them no being a advocate) and we will ensure the WORLD knows about them. A real advocate will not fall into any of these two categories. so, expose them here very well without any worries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register