1. Section 498A of IPC is non compoundable for which it can not be withdrawn by the wife.
2. The standard procedure to get rid of this type of problem is that the wife shall have to affirm under affidavit that she had lodged the said complaint u/s498A of IPC out of domestic rage and has not got the matter settled long back and living happily with her husband without any problem.
3. The copy of the said affidavit shall have to be submitted before the IO for his submitting before the trial court.
4. Thereafter the husband shall have to file a petition before the High Court u/s482 of Cr.P.C. praying for quashing the FIR based on the affidavit affirmed by his wife as suggested above.
5. At that time his wife shall have to be present before the Court to depose in favour of her husband, if asked by the Court.
6. The High Court will then quash the said FIR registered against the husband.