Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

needjustice (n.a)     31 January 2015

Advise needed !!

Dear Experts

As per the companies personal manual, an employee should be informed 3 months in advance about the retirement but informed on the last day that too verbally ....retired after 35 years !!  what  legal  steps should  be taken??

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 February 2015

Once you got inducted in the service i.e., about 35 years before, were you not aware that you will have to retire "some" day, which you should have calculated and arranged for all documentation instead of waiting for a formal intimation from the employer so that you may get your terminal (retirement) benefits on the last working day itself.

What is your query about, vague and unclear. What legal action do you intend  to initiate and what for?

Engage and consult a local lawyer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2015

You have a document in hand and if the need be you can quote it for your benefit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2015

I agree to the views expressed  by Dr. J C Vashista.  It becomes your duty too to prepare for your retirement when it is as near as six months from the date of retirement, so why blame others for your lethargy.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 February 2015

I fully agree to the views expressed  by Dr. J C Vashista.

One does not need to be mathematician to know that 2+2=4. 

Are you the first person whom you have seen retiring in all the  35 years years you spent?

Did you have any term and condition of service specifying that clerical error of not informing you before three months entitles you to serve till eternity.

Please be informed that a Government servant also does not get any date of retirement in his apppointment letter.  There are instructions for staring terminal process one year in advance and stoppage of PF three months in advance.  That certainly does not mean that error in staring such process entitled him to serve beyond 60 years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register