LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Kumar (Software)     19 August 2014

Advice required on 498a case

I am from Chhattisgarh and in my 498A case I am finding myself in somekind of a no where situation, and I do not know what to do, but still strongly feel someone can help and guide me something that could enable me to make some progress:

Details of 498A case are:
=========================

1. August 2006 case for 498A was filled against me, my parents and my two married sisters both staying far (in different states).
===> The case states that we harrashed & asked for 1 lac rupees from her and later threw her out on 23-july-2006 from home.
===> Nooothing more has been stated in teh case (nothing what so ever).

2. Police submitted Chargesheet on Jan 2007.
3. Applied for quashing of the case under sec 482 in High court in May 2007, but was withdrawn in Aug 2007, as some lawyer advised to put 482 only after framing of charge.
4. Charge was framed in Nov-2008.

5. Again filed for quashing of the case under sec 482 in High court in Aug 2009, but was dismissed.
6. Since then the the case on in the Judicial Magistrate court First class.
7. But since then the girl or any of her relatives are not willing to come to court for witness trial.
8. In every hearing a new date is being given and teh order sheet states "Summon should be issued to the witnesses"
9. But they are not attending the trail or coming for witness.

Other cases details:
======================
She filled for maintenance (125) and was ordered and am paying that every month.
Twice she has applied for increase in maintenance amount, and it has been increased, though she is working.
She applied Stridhan (27 HMA) with a lot of fake bills, but in that the Judge ordered to return only 49000/= rupees in toto.

Once they approached us for mutual divorce in 2011 and agreed on 5 lacs and gave my child custody to me.
But later after 3 months they refused it after asking for 10 lacs.

I applied for divorce in 2012 but was rejected
In between the divorce proceeding she got the child custody back.
Now I had applied for Divorce and child custody in High Court.

QUERIES:
========
1. IS there anyway that I can file for dismissal of charges for Sisters, as I am having so many evidences taht they were staying far awat=y and even one of the witness in the 498A case has given statement that my sisters are married & have childerens and staying away and very rarly come home.
2. Since they are not coming for witness or argument in court what I can do to make them to come and attend the court and record their witness.
3. Can I still apply for 482 or any other case for discharge of charges for at least my sisters and my mother.
4. What to do and how to make this case to progress.
5. As the girl willing comes to the family court to fight all cases there but does not comes for the 498A witness.
6. Any other advices that can help me with this is heartly welcome.

Thanks a lot for all your advices and help in advance.

Learning

9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 August 2014

browse www.498a.org. some solutions you can find there.

yogendra (engineer)     19 August 2014

Dear friend,

It good that she is not coming.If you won this case you are entitled for divorce due to false 498 case.so talk with lawyer and appeal in high court to dismiss this case as petitionor is not corporating.

AS   19 August 2014

If she is not coming , then ask court to summon her , your lawyer should have done it .

If still not appear as for non bailable warrent ,Police will pick her and produce in court .

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 August 2014

Rakesh;

As I could understand from your mail is that summons are issued again and again to the complainant and other witnesses; but they still remain unserved; and thus she and her relatives are not appearing for witness statements.

1. IS there anyway that I can file for dismissal of charges for Sisters, as I am having so many evidences taht they were staying far awat=y and even one of the witness in the 498A case has given statement that my sisters are married & have childerens and staying away and very rarly come home.

It would not be possible to get discharge from charges at this stage. You should rather strive to get summons served to her for 498a trial. You can ask the court to issue summons through the court in which your maintenance petition is pending. Unless the lady fails to appear despite summoning; the case would keep hanging like this till eternity.

2. Since they are not coming for witness or argument in court what I can do to make them to come and attend the court and record their witness.

Read Point 1

3. Can I still apply for 482 or any other case for discharge of charges for at least my sisters and my mother.

Unfortunately No.

5. As the girl willing comes to the family court to fight all cases there but does not comes for the 498A witness.

I have detailed the steps in Point 1, please consult your lawyer for the same

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 August 2014

I agree with the expert advise of Mr. Shonee Kapoor.

Pointwise reply to your queries is as under:

QUERIES:
========

Ans. This is not the stage for dismissal of charge against your sisters, despite the fact that you have sufficient evidence for their non-involvement/ falsification of charge.

Ans: Submit an application to the court to compel the witness to attend and/or decide the matter on the basis of available evidence/document/records. If the JMFC dismisses the application move in revision. Otherwise you can move to High Court in writ petition under Article 227 of the Constitution of India for issuance of necessary directions/ mandamus to  the trail court to dispose off the case within a time bound period.

Ans: No

Ans: As advised hereinabove.

Ans: As advised hereinabove.

Contact, consult and seek advise of your lawyer.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     20 August 2014

अब सारे केस कि वाट लगवा दि आप ने अब मरी भैस को जिन्दा करने कि बात कर रहे है?

जब एक के बाद एक केस हार रहे थे तब दिमाग से काम क्यो नही लिया?

पैसा भी दे दिया, फिर भी तलाक नही ले पाये ?

ab koi kya salaah degam now fight on merit.... pray to god if you are true and honest then you will surely win....

paisa dekar unki taqat bad di aapnee,

ab 498A jitne par concentrate karo , uske jeetne par hi kuch ho sakega... puri taqat laga do 498a jeetne mein..best luck

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2014

I agree with the opinions of Mr. Shoney Kapoor and Dr. Vashista on the subject.  The witness summons are not being served upon them by the police may be with an inner intention, hence ask your lawyer to put pressure before court to direct the police to serve the summons atleast in the court where the maintenance case is going on.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     24 August 2014

Dear Friend,

The girl will never come to to court and 498A will run until your funeral rites even after your funeral rites If you don't apply for Seedy Trial U/S 483 read with Article 227 of constitution of India. Unfortunately no advocate will advice you to do so.

You have to apply Speedy Trial in-person (Without Advocate) in High Court, get the order and submit it to the trial court. Then the magistrate will issue summon or arrest warrant to bring her in the court. If 498A is resolved than every thing will be resolved.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 August 2014

God has his own designs. For serving the girl witness summons, he wants you to go to High Court.

Sometimes I think, Looking at the plight of the common man, God has made law and defense so easy for common man that every problem can be solved i) by going to HC under a particular section. ii) By filing an FIR under sections in which no FIR is possible. iii) By filing perjury, whether or no grounds exist.

Alas! Your own advocate may not agree with it. Because in law, ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL. 

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register